Today we live in a world where the spread of digital channels and tools has led companies to seriously consider digital marketing as a tool to market their goods and services. Digital marketing refers to the promotion of products or brands through the means that use technology.
With the term digital marketing, we refer to that set of channels, techniques, and tools that help improve a company's online presence. Digital marketing aims to bring organic or paid traffic. To bring traffic, there are several channels to do so, such as the web or social channels. If we talk about tools, instead, we refer to digital activities such as SEO, sem, content marketing, social media marketing, and dem.
Each of these activities, if carried out correctly, will surely improve the sales of any company and increase brand awareness. In this article, we will analyze these digital marketing tools in detail and why the company should digitize itself.
The main tools of digital marketing
Digital marketing can be considered the most important part of a strategy for promoting the company's products and services through digital technologies.
There are several tools that digital marketing uses:
· SEO: Search Engine Optimization is the set of all those activities that aim to improve the visibility of the company and place it among the first results of the search engines and youtube views. In essence, SEO deals with identifying the keywords that could bring traffic to a site and improve it from visits;
· SEM: Search Engine Marketing is the set of paid brand promotion and sponsorship activities. Advertisers are those who will increase your visibility by participating in online auctions with other competitors who want to position themselves on paid search results;
· Content marketing: it is a type of marketing that involves the creation of editorial content of value for your target audience. In essence, this activity consists of writing articles on blogs and websites that aim to respond correctly to user requests. Content optimization with the selection of suitable keywords are all mandatory steps to achieve the set goals;
· DEM: direct email marketing concerns the sending of promotional emails or newsletters aimed at acquiring new contacts. It is a one to one type of marketing; that is, it concerns direct communication with the customer. An email marketing campaign is a truly inexpensive means of promoting a product and increasing brand awareness;
· SMM: Social Media Marketing concerns all activities aimed at promoting a brand through social networks. Social media are useful to be noticed by a large slice of consumers, but each of them requires the right employment. It is not possible to use Facebook in the same way as LinkedIn, or to start a contest on Instagram thinking to be able to translate it identically on Pinterest. Find out more about how to promote a company on Pinterest.